Colossians 1:10 expresses God’s will that we all “walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God”. And especially knowing that soon we will all stand before the judgment seat of Christ to receive good or bad according to what we have done in the body and “therefore we make it our aim, whether present or absent, to be well pleasing to Him.” (2Cor5,9).
Is this also your aim? If so, lets look further at what scripture reveals is pleasing to God:
1) GENUINE FAITH – Heb 10:38 … “Now the just shall live by faith; But if anyone draws back, My soul has no pleasure in him.” … and …. Heb 11:6 … “without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.”
Hebrews 11:5 …. “By faith Enoch was taken away so that he did not see death, and was not found, because God had taken him; for before he was taken he had this testimony, that he pleased God.”
2) FAITHFULNESS IN MINISTRY – 1 Thess 2:4 “But as we have been approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel, even so we speak, not as pleasing men, but God who tests our hearts.”
3) WALK IN THE SPIRIT – Rom 8,8 “those who are in the flesh cannot please God.”
4) DOING HIS WILL – Heb 13:21 “make you complete in every good work to do His will, working in you what is well pleasing in His sight, through Yahushua Mashiach / Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever.”
5) OBEYING HIS COMMANDMENTS – 1 John 3:22 “And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight.”
6) SACRIFICIAL GIVING – Phil 4:18 “I am full, having received from Epaphroditus the things sent from you, a sweet-smelling aroma, an acceptable sacrifice, well pleasing to God.”
7) CHILDREN OBEYING PARENTS – Col 3:20 “Children, obey your parents in all things, for this is well pleasing to the Lord.”
This is just a brief look, the whole Bible reveals much more. But lets make it our aim to be living in faith, walking with God in the Spirit, believing, obeying with good works that correspond to what we claim to believe, going forward not back to worldliness, giving and serving, seeking God, following His will, doing what He commands us to do, repenting from sin, and obtaining a good testimony. amen.